Section C Medication has been suggested
Before medication is prescribed, there are several checks that should be carried out in partnership with your relative and a professional.
Medication should not be the only option considered in response to challenging behaviour and should only be used if alternative strategies have not reduced the behaviour.
- Medication has been suggested for my relative, what information do I need?
- What should be done before prescribing?
- Questions to ask the prescriber
- Alternatives to medication
- Warning: Reasons not to prescribe medication!
- How should the decision about medication be made?
- Key points
- Useful Information