Section G Getting it right
- The Caldwell Autism Foundation information on Intensive Interaction
- The Caldwell Autism Foundation information on Responsive Communication
- ARC UK information on Active Support
- British Institute of Human Rights on learning disability, autism and human rights
- Paving the Way
- Challenging Behaviour Charter
- BILD Centre for the Advancement of Positive Behaviour Support
- British Psychological Society quality of life measurement
- Positive Behaviour Support Academy
- British Psychological Society report on psychological therapies for people with learning disabilities
- CBF Teaching New Skills Information Sheet
Family Support Services
Challenging Behaviour Foundation
supporting families of children and adults who have a severe learning disability and display behaviour described as challenging.
Call our Family Support Service on 0300 666 0126 or email email@example.com
Helpline providing information and advice to families of disabled children.
Call the helpline on 0808 808 3555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Carer Support Service for family carers who have a relative with a learning disability.
Call 0808 801 0448 or email email@example.com
Mencap Direct is a free help and advice line for people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Call 0808 808 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daisy Chain Project
Autism Helpline providing information, advice and support for people with autism, their families and carers.
Call the helpline on 0800 031 5445.
Helpline providing information and support for people with a disability and their families.
Call the helpline on 0808 800 3333 or email email@example.com