Section C Medication has been suggested
- Your relative’s behaviour might change at a particular point in their life or at a stressful event. They may or may not have mental health needs.
- Psychotropic medication should only be prescribed for challenging behaviour without mental illness as a last resort.
- There are lots of other types of support that you can explore.
- If medication is suggested for your relative, you can find reliable information in a number of ways.
- The prescriber should answer your questions and involve you in decision making.
- Baseline checks should be done before starting medication, so that everyone knows if it is making a difference.