Section F Ongoing use of medication: monitoring and reviewing
Template letter asking for a medication review
- Coming off Psychiatric Medication
- Mind information on coming off medication
- Royal College of Psychiatry prescribing guidance See page 11 for guidance about prescribing for ‘challenging behaviour’ and prescribing antipsychotic medication. Also, see page 14 for standards and guidance for prescribing psychotropic medication for people with a learning disability.
- NICE guidelines about learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. See the ‘Medication’ section.
- NHS England’s ‘Call to Action’ about overmedication of people with a learning disability
- Information about mental capacity
- Template letters for family members who are concerned that they are not involved in best interest decisions.
- Information about Positive Behaviour Support
- Cerebra Decision Making Guide
- Disabled children: A Legal Handbook See Chapter 7 on Decision Making
- University of Birmingham Quick Reference Medication Guide – see pages 21 – 23 for information about coming off medication and page 32 for information about consent and capacity